After the subtle hints on Friday #1, #2, #3, I'm sure there were a few folks who knew what we were up to.
Yes, Scotch on the Rocks is back for 2008. With a new website, a new venue, a new structure and some world class speakers to say the least, Scotch 2008 will be an event you will not want to miss.
You can now find the conference website at the new location of www.scotch-on-the-rocks.co.uk
In typical announcement fashion, the website is fairly bare as we are still in the process of organising and confirming things however, we will be making announcements on the conference blog, and you can sign up to the Scotch mailing list for special announcements, interviews, and competitions.
We've taken all of last years feedback on board and we've moved venue to the rather swanky 4 star George Hotel, on Edinburgh's George Street.
So what does the new venue give us in comparison to 2007?:
- More accessible
- Slam bang in the centre of Edinburgh, literally only a two minute walk to Princes Street.
- Hotel and Venue under the one roof.
- Excellent hotel rates for our attendees.
- Amazing hotel rooms.
- Transport from Edinburgh airport straight to the venue.
- Edinburgh Waverley Train Station is a 5 minute walk
For 2008 we are expanding the event to 3 days, with 3 tracks per day. What does this mean for you?
- More technical talks covering more subjects.
- Increased number of advanced talks, without sacrificing content for those new to ColdFusion.
- More technical experts for you to network with.
- An extra day away from work
World Class Speakers
We're not saying too much on this yet, but look out for announcements every day this week as we release details on just some of the folks we have already lined up for 2008.
Call for speakers: if you'd like to present at Scotch on the Rocks 2008, then please contact us.
As I said, keep an eye out for announcements this week on some big named speakers we have confirmed for 2008.
Watch out for interviews and potentially some podcasts.
Tell your boss you want to attend, and that they need to send you to Edinburgh, Scotland. We'll help you with that - watch out for our guide on just why you should attend Scotch, coming soon.